Mr. Marc G. Allaire is the President of North 49 Sales Agency Inc., a manufacturer’s sales agency representing Johns Manville, Bitumar, Hydrotech, Dryvit, Lexcor, Fansyl and Innovo in Canada. North 49 SA sells products and systems for the companies they represent to architects, consultants, engineers and specifiers. They also work closely with contractors ensuring they have knowledge of the systems being promoted and interface with distributors to ensure pull through sales are accomplished.
Marc graduated as a Civil Engineering Technologist and has been involved in the building science industry since 1980. He furthered his education in building and roofing sciences at the University of Wisconsin, the Roof Consultants Institute (now IIBEC), the Roofing Industry Education Institute and with The Better Understanding of Roof Systems Institute.
He refined his expertise in the roofing and building science field by working as an engineering field representative, a technical sales representative, a product and marketing manager, a project manager, a building science consultant, the president of a large roofing distributor in Canada and worked as an independent rep. As a consultant, he spearheaded the sales & technology portion of the firm and was involved with all facets of the business including roofing / building evaluation assessments, roof asset management, repair program development, specification writing, construction administration and project management. In business, he developed his business acumen working as President of Beacon Roofing Supply Canada Company (BRSCC) and taking part in the Corporate Executive Counsel (CEC) for Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. (BRS) developing the long term strategy of the company. His passion for sales and business development is what brought him back to the manufacturer rep business.
Mr. Allaire has devoted much of his time working on various committees and publishing roofing related articles with organizations like the Roof Consultants Institute (RCI now IIBEC), the Ontario Building Envelope Council (OBEC), Construction Specification Canada (CSC), the Ontario Roofing Contractors Association (OIRCA), the Canadian Roofing Contractors Association (CRCA), The National Research Council of Canada (NRCC) and SIGDERS. At Beacon Canada, Marc was responsible for their P & L while spearheading their expansion across Canada from 8 branches to 20 branches. As part of the Corporate Executive Council (CEC), he helped direct the growth strategy of Beacon Roofing Supply.
Marc has presented and lectured at Humber College, the University of Toronto, the Technical University of Nova Scotia, EPIC, CSC, RCI (now IIBEC), JM’s BURSI, Construct Canada and Building Envelope Symposiums.
· Board member of the Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation – 2015 - present
· Board member for the Canada RCI Foundation & RCI-IIBEC Foundation Inc.- 2016 - present
· Key member of Corporate Executive Council Beacon Roofing Supply, 2008 – 2014
· President of Beacon Roofing Supply Canada Company, 2008 - 2014
· Chairman of Education Committee for RCI International, 2002 - 2005
· Member of CRCA Technical Committee, 2001 - 2003
· Founding Director of Roof Consultants Institute, Canada, 1995
· President of Roof Consultants Institute, Canadian Chapter, 1998
· Chairman of Education committee - RCI Ontario Chapter, 1998 - 1999
· Chairman of Special Events committee - RCI Ontario Chapter, 1995 - 1997 & 2000 -2002
· Director of Roof Consultants Institute, Ontario Chapter, /2002
· Founding Director of Ontario Building Envelope Council, 1987
· Chairman of Technical Committee of Ontario Building Envelope Council, 1987 - 1989
· Member of Ontario Building Envelope Council, 1987-2003
· Chairman TEK-AID on Hot Applied Rubberized Asphalt – CSC 1992